Toyota Connected Europe wants to create a better world through connected mobility. We are a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of and use their vehicle in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected Europe’s journey of building our team and products. We want to build a team that wants to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people every day. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected Europe and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the Role
As a Senior iOS Developer, you will lead the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, distributed iOS applications, systems and services. You will engineer global-scale applications and services that will enable users to engage with their vehicles in never-before-seen ways.
What You will Do
- Work side-by-side with a talented team of designers and back-end developers to build world-class native applications.
- Work as part of a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future.
- Participate in the larger development community including conferences, open source contribution, technical writing, etc.
- Thrive as an independent, autonomous, creative thinker that can break out from conventional solutions
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- Establish software patterns that incorporate emerging technology and thinking to crush expectations
- Production experience designing and building advanced applications in Objective-C and Swift
- Ability to match design direction
- Have published one or more iOS apps in the app store
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
- Experience working closely with back-end developers and an understanding of how to best interface with APIs and experience with source-control practices such as Git
- Focus on writing prudent and meaningful tests
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience working with Fabric or other mobile analytics tools
Nice to Have
- Experience working with real-time web technologies such as WebSockets, Phoenix Channels, HTTP2
- Experience working with Bluetooth, Beacons or RFID
- Understanding of server side development (Elixir, Node) as well as design principles and ability to work in design software (Sketch)
- Experience in performance optimization and architecting white-labeled applications
What we Offer
- A market leading salary and bonus that attracts the best talent so your colleagues will be super smart but humble
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Private medical insurance, travel insurance for both work and personal travel and income protection
- 4 x life assurance
- We care about work life balance and we want to create a culture of autonomy, so we have unlimited annual leave. We trust you to take the time off when you need it
- Daily catered lunches
- Free drinks, snacks and fruit
Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion
Toyota Connected Europe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Every role is open to all sections of society and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all. If you have a disability or any other additional need that requires consideration, accommodation or adjustment to the role or recruitment process, please do let us know. Don’t check every box on the list but are interested in working for us? Please apply, we would still love to hear from you!