Toyota Connected Europe wants to create a better world through connected mobility. We are a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of and use their vehicle in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected Europe’s journey of building our team and products. We want to build a team that wants to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people every day. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected Europe and feel and act like an owner every day. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the Role
Cloud Engineering plays a vital role in the ongoing success of Toyota Connected Europe by providing the tools and processes necessary for Toyota Connected Europe to grow and scale globally in a consistent and robust manner.
Cloud Engineering strives to enable ever greater levels of agility, effectiveness, and innovation within the larger Toyota Connected Europe organization, partnering with the various product development teams to ensure broad technological and project goal alignment.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer in this team, you will create, maintain, support and improve complex cloud operations for the largest automotive company in the world. This person will apply their knowledge in a highly-energized, fast-paced, and innovative environment while working on a global engineering platform that will empower Toyota Connected Europe's teams to create the next generation of connected vehicle solutions. This is a progressive and collaborative environment; therefore, it is essential that not only the skillset, but the passion for the above is a fit.
What You will Do
- Develop, test, and release software solutions side-by-side with other talented engineers in a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Love writing code and learning new disciplines to constantly hone your craft as an engineer
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers and thrive as an independent, autonomous, creative thinker that can break out from conventional solutions
- Proactively identify developing trends and practices to aid in technology and goal alignment across teams, and promote consistent adoption of best practices within Toyota Connected Europe
- Make high-quality technical decisions that will solve not only the business challenges at hand, but also takes into account the organization as a whole.
- Show a sense of ownership and pride in your code, and make us believe you will excel
- 3+ years of programming experience with Scala, Python or Java
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with scripting and provisioning tools like Terraform, Ansible, or equivalent
- Strong understanding of networking in cloud environments
- Experience in engineering data pipelines using Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, etc. on large scale unstructured data sets
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and web services
- Experience working with CI/CD tools to build and deploy applications. Conceptual understanding of modern software engineering patterns, including those used in highly scalable, distributed, and resilient systems
- Experience developing and delivering systems on at least one major public cloud platform: AWS, Azure, or equivalent
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
Nice to Have
- A solid understanding of advanced patterns like Blue/Green deployments, Canary testing, and A/B testing is a plus.
- Experience developing microservices-based architectures, including distributed messaging patterns is a plus
- Experience working with AWS Lambda would be a huge plus but not mandatory
What we Offer
- A market leading salary and bonus that attracts the best talent so your colleagues will be super smart but humble
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Private medical insurance, travel insurance for both work and personal travel and income protection
- 4 x life assurance
- We care about work life balance and we want to create a culture of autonomy, so we have unlimited annual leave. We trust you to take the time off when you need it
- Daily catered lunches
- Free drinks, snacks and fruit
Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion
Toyota Connected Europe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Every role is open to all sections of society and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all. If you have a disability or any other additional need that requires consideration, accommodation or adjustment to the role or recruitment process, please do let us know. Don’t check every box on the list but are interested in working for us? Please apply, we would still love to hear from you!