Toyota Connected Europe wants to create a better world through connected mobility. We are a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of and use their vehicle in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected Europe’s journey of building our team and products. We want to build a team that wants to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people every day. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected Europe and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the Role
As a Senior Front-End Developer, you will participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. You will engineer global-scale applications and services that will enable users to engage with their vehicles in never-before-seen ways.
What You will Do
- Work side-by-side with a talented team of designers and back-end developers to build world-class web applications and services.
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
- Participate in the larger development community including conferences, open source contribution, technical writing, etc. and thrive as an independent, autonomous, creative thinker that can break out from conventional solutions
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- Ability to match design direction with markup and styling languages (HTML, Scss)
- Deep understanding of the best practices required to build large-scale applications
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Experience working closely with back-end developers and an understanding of how to best interface with APIs
- Experience with source-control practices such as Git
- Focus on writing prudent and meaningful tests
- Comfortable with the command line
Nice to Have
- Experience working with real-time web technologies such as WebSockets, Phoenix Channels, HTTP2
- ES6/7 experience
- Understanding of server-side development (Elixir, Node)
- Understanding of design principles and ability to work in design software (Sketch)
- Experience in performance optimizations
- Experience with Docker
What we Offer
- A market leading salary of £75,000 and a bonus of 15% that attracts the best talent so your colleagues will be super smart but humble
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Private medical insurance, travel insurance for both work and personal travel and income protection
- 4 x life assurance
- We care about work life balance and we want to create a culture of autonomy, so we have unlimited annual leave. We trust you to take the time off when you need it
- Daily catered lunches
- Free drinks, snacks and fruit
Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion
Toyota Connected Europe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Every role is open to all sections of society and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all. If you have a disability or any other additional need that requires consideration, accommodation or adjustment to the role or recruitment process, please do let us know. Don’t check every box on the list but are you interested in working for us? Please apply, we would still love to hear from you!