Toyota Connected wants to create a better world through connected mobility. We are a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of and use their vehicle in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected’s journey of building our team and products. We want to build a tea m that wants to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people every day. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the Role
The Chief Solutions Architect is responsible for the overall architectural direction of key technology systems. You will help choose technology platforms and solutions including significant enhancements to existing products and architectural planning for complete end-to-end integrated initiatives among the various products.
This is a highly visible role that will provide input and oversight for other software/system architects within the organization and its stakeholders,
The Chief Solutions Architect is also responsible for closely collaborating with the product development teams and stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction.
What You will Do
- Develop a shared product vision with the Chief Product Owners and drive future state architecture to support multiple business areas to ensure technology direction is aligned with business needs and priorities
- Establish and communicate architectural vision to development teams, Product Owners and external stakeholders;
- Develop expert knowledge of existing systems and facilitate creation of mechanisms to track current and future state architectures. Leverages industry and organizational standards, patterns and best practices to develop architectures that fulfil business strategies
- Researches and documents possible solutions for business requests, evaluating the possibilities of using off-the-shelf products, in-house developed products or outsourced to third-parties, after consulting with all stakeholders
- Support Project Executions, which involves having discussions with the stakeholders relating to the project scope, identifying functional/non-functional requirements, evaluating solutions, defining Architecture and consultation to the team on various aspects to ensure effective solution development.
- Enterprise Architecture, which involves working on Enterprise architecture frameworks and definitions as per company needs.
- Technology Consulting, which involves discussions with key stakeholders to identify business and IT problems and propose to-be solution architecture to meet business needs including possible product/ framework suggestions.
- Build strong relationships with Product Owners and business partners to ensure technology alignment with business priorities
- Responsible for eliciting customer needs for cross-product solutions, and feedback to be prioritized to ensure high customer satisfaction;
- Maintain familiarity with key regulatory/compliance issues and ensure system solutions meet all regulatory requirements.
- Create and drive best practices across architecture organization.
- Stay current with business and technical trends to propagate best in class thinking within organization.
- Act as the voice of the customer in cross-product design and development;
- Collaborate and mediate negotiation with engineering and business teams to come up with the best solution;
- Prioritize, project and track product deliverables, goals and milestones in collaboration with the Scrum Master;
- Support launch activities including marketing, legal, operations support, training, customer support;
- Work within agile principles to align teams and ensure communication and transparency;
- Assist CPO’s in product budgeting process and resource and vendor management.
- You will provide timely, accurate and reliable data to power business decisions and customer experiences.
- You will drive a data-driven culture; craft and manage metadata, data security, data quality standards, data privacy & compliance policies.
- You will build cross functional relationships with Analysts, Data Scientists and Business Analysts to understand data needs.
- You will deliver high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- 7-10 years relevant experience in enterprise architecture for telematics backend, Data services and Automotive services or a related industry.
- Strong regulatory compliance experience
- Familiarity with major Cloud solutions and products available in the market
- Proven knowledge of enterprise systems concepts and software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Proven experience of being able to align overall technical vision with business needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Experience presenting to a large range of stakeholders up to executive team level
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and be able to act in a technology consulting role, which involves discussions with key stakeholders to identify business and IT problems and propose to-be solution architecture to meet business needs including product/ framework suggestions.
- Provides thought leadership and consulting services to business lines.
- Ability to conceptualize the big picture and break it down into actionable work items;
- Ability to understand tradeoffs and execute good judgement in balancing competing priorities;
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Proven experience taking a product from initial stages to launch
- High self motivation and self starting attitude and drive is a must
Nice to Have
- Expertise in creating and deploying best big data practices and methodologies
- Scaling technology teams
- Familiarity with Big Data Architecture patterns (Batch, Streaming, API) and how these are implemented different open source tools.
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies and Cloud Pricing models.
- Location: London
- Competitive salary
- Closing date: 24 August 2018
Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Every role is open to all sections of society and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all. If you have a disability or any other additional need that requires consideration, accommodation or adjustment to the role or recruitment process, please do let us know. Don’t check every box on the list but are interested in working for us? Please apply, we would still love to hear from you!