Toyota Connected wants to create a better world through connected mobility. We are a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of and use their vehicle in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected’s journey of building our team and products. We want to build a team that wants to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people every day. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the Role
As our Office Manager you will be responsible for helping to create a great environment for everyone. You understand the importance of company culture and you want to be part of creating a great place to work. You are passionate about delivering the small and big touches that make the office and everyday life run smoothly.
What You will Do
- We are currently in a temporary WeWork office space until we move to our new office in Kings Cross. You will play a key role as part of the project team to help us move into the new office space and make it our first permanent home.
- You will keep the office tidy and in order. Chaos and untidy spaces are your enemy and you take pride in creating a beautiful office space
- You will be responsible for arranging events. You will arrange fun creative team building events to corporate events with VIP delegates attending. You will also support the Head of HR with arranging logistics for employer branding/recruitment events. You have an eye for detail, logistics and event planning.
- You will care about the small things. Working in conjunction with HR you will arrange birthday celebrations, celebrate births, wins, key achievement and anything else worth celebrating.
- You will be responsible for office catering from the daily lunches, to fresh fruit and snacks. You will make sure there is always a supply of snacks and no one suffers from being hangry!
- You will be the face of Toyota Connected Europe to visitors. Making sure they are welcomed and made to feel relaxed before they meet the wider team
- Support the Executive Team with diary management, travel planning and administration. You can keep them organized and running on time.
- 2-3 years experience of office management, event management or office administration
- A service first mentality. You enjoy supporting and helping others and take pride getting stuff done for others
- Fluent English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have managed calendars and diaries for executives before and have arranged travel and itineraries
- Excellent attention to detail. You get things right the first time round
- Ability to prioritize and work to deadlines. You are able to manage and plan your workload to meet multiple deadlines
- Able to build strong relationships with the teams. You are the go-to person when they need support or help
- Most importantly you are a cheerful person, who understands the importance of being friendly and welcoming
Nice to Have
- Fluency in another language preferably Japanese
- Prior experience of office move and helping to set up an office from scratch
- Early stage start-up experience or experience of working in an agile, fast paced ambiguous environment where there isn’t always a ‘this is how we do it’ answer
Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Every role is open to all sections of society and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all. If you have a disability or any other additional need that requires consideration, accommodation or adjustment to the role or recruitment process, please do let us know. Don’t check every box on the list but are you interested in working for us? Please apply, we would still love to hear from you!