Toyota Connected wants to create a better world through connected mobility. We are a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of and use their vehicle in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected’s journey of building our team and products. We want to build a team that wants to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people every day. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the Role
As the Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist you will be responsible for building and driving a sustainable talent pipeline and talent pool. Whilst reporting to the Head of HR you will have a high level of trust and autonomy to make Toyota Connected Europe’s talent acquisition function best in class.
You are passionate about attracting and engaging top tech talent and you are curious and keen to explore new and innovative sourcing technologies, tools and techniques.
You understand the importance of the employer brand and are obsessed with creating and delivering a world class stakeholder and candidate experience.
You are relentless and full of energy and enthusiasm whilst finding the best tech talent globally including during those times when you are searching for a unicorn.
What You will Do
- We are a new company who have recently opened our European offices in London and you will take the lead in helping building a technology team from the ground up
- You will come up with new tools, techniques and sourcing strategies to build talent pipelines and talent pools for live and future technology roles
- You will be responsible for managing all open roles, working in close partnership with hiring managers to ensure there is a candidate friendly process that will help identify a great addition to the Toyota Connected family
- You will manage the agency relationship, but you will also ensure that we build a sustainable talent pool so that reliance on agencies are minimized
- You will arrange meet-ups, you will find the right tech conferences for us to sponsor and attend and the right recruitment events for us to pitch at to enhance our employer brand and attract passive and active top technology talent
- Use data to increase employer brand awareness helping to shape your attraction strategy and talent pipelines
- Produce data and reports to show the strength of pipelines, conversion rates and progress against open roles
- At least 3 years experience of technology sourcing either inhouse or in an agency environment
- A sound understanding of the tech industry, you understand what a backend developer does v a front-end developer and can speak to developers and engineers to understand their skills and experience
- Proven success in approaching passive candidates and getting them through the recruitment process to offer stage
- Experience in building and implementing multi-channel attraction strategies with an experimental approach to candidate attraction using social and digital media and growth hacking strategies
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and an innate ability to create collaborative partnerships to become a trusted partner for hiring managers
- Fluent English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail. You get things right the first time round
- Ability to prioritize and manage your time – you are able to juggle multiple open roles, candidates, sourcing and project work
- Obsess about all things talent acquisition and recruiting in high growth technology companies. You are a natural learner/reader/meet-up and conference attender to keep your market knowledge up to date
Nice to Have
- Early stage start-up/internet/technology company experience or experience of working in an agile, fast paced ambiguous environment where there isn’t always a ‘this is how we do it’ answer
- Experience of recruiting globally is a definite advantage
- Experience of implementing an ATS and other technology tools
- Experience in building and implementing employer branding strategies
Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Every role is open to all sections of society and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all. If you have a disability or any other additional need that requires consideration, accommodation or adjustment to the role or recruitment process, please do let us know. Don’t check every box on the list but are you interested in working for us? Please apply, we would still love to hear from you!