Toyota Connected Europe wants to create a better world through connected mobility. We are a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of and use their vehicle in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected Europe's journey of building our team and products. We want to build a team that wants to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people every day. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected Europe and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Telematics Services Platform, you will participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. You will engineer platforms which will enable our vehicles to communicate to the cloud. The features you build will power driving experiences across the world.
What You will Do
- Work side-by-side with other talented engineers in a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Love writing code and learning new disciplines to constantly hone your craft as an engineer
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production and thrive as an independent, autonomous, creative thinker that can break out from conventional solution
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- Mentor team members to grow an unstoppable team and build awesome, innovative products
- Establish architecture and software engineering patterns that incorporate emerging technology and thinking to crush expectations
- 5+ years programming experience in Java or C#and show a sense of ownership and pride in your code, and make us believe you’ll excel
- Experience developing and delivering systems on at least one major public cloud platform: AWS, Azure, or equivalent
- Conceptual understanding of modern software engineering patterns, including those used in highly scalable, distributed, and resilient systems
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and web services
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of or happy to take a lead and mentoring role within the team
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
Nice to Have
- Experience developing microservices-based architectures, including distributed messaging patterns is a plus
What we Offer
- A market leading salary and bonus that attracts the best talent so your colleagues will be super smart but humble
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Private medical insurance, travel insurance for both work and personal travel and income protection
- 4 x life assurance
- We care about work life balance and we want to create a culture of autonomy, so we have unlimited annual leave. We trust you to take the time off when you need it
- Daily catered lunches
- Free drinks, snacks and fruit
Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion
Toyota Connected Europe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Every role is open to all sections of society and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all. If you have a disability or any other additional need that requires consideration, accommodation or adjustment to the role or recruitment process, please do let us know. Don’t check every box on the list but are you interested in working for us? Please apply, we would still love to hear from you!