Toyota Connected Europe wants to create a better world through connected mobility. We are a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of and use their vehicle in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected Europe’s journey of building our team and products. We want to build a team that wants to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people every day. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected Europe and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the Role
The Executive Assistant will support our Executive Leadership Team made up of the CEO, COO, CFO and VP of Technology and Development. You will provide confidential high level support to the Executive Leadership Team and support with administrative duties for the wider team. You will be instrumental in helping the Executive Leadership team prioritise their time and attention in order to deliver on critical company initiatives.
You will have the ability to complete tasks and projects using your initiative, think on your feet, brief on the go and can anticipate issues that may arise ahead of time and be able to provide solutions instead of highlighting the issues.
What You will Do
- You will be able to expertly arrange travel and accommodation for the Executive leadership Team and be able to deal with any change of plans whilst they are travelling.
- You will have full diary management and meeting coordination for the CEO and provide diary management support to the wider Executive Leadership Team to the level they require. You will use your strong organisational skills to forward plan meeting agendas, take minutes if necessary and complete any pre-meeting prep work so that meetings run smoothly. You will get us organised and running on time.
- You ‘get’ the start-up mentality and business and can act as a brand ambassador and deliver a great experience for guests of the Executive Leadership Team when they attend the office.
- You are able to select the appropriate venue for VIP guest visits, offsites, team events etc. and working in close collaboration with the Office manager you are always able to get a reservation or a great event organsied
- You will support with expenses, facilities, day to day issues ensuring that the small stuff is taken care off so they can focus on the bigger picture
- You will work hand in hand with the Office Manager to ensure that the Executive Leadership Team and the wider office are happy and that the office runs smoothly and great environment is created
- 4+ years experience of Executive Assistant in a fast-paced environment supporting a team of executives
- A service first mentality. You enjoy supporting and helping others and take pride getting stuff done for others
- Fluent English with strong written and verbal communication skills. You will be adept at communicating with people at all levels both internally and externally.
- You have managed calendars and diaries for executives before and have arranged travel and itineraries
- You understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- . You get things right the first time round
- Ability to prioritize and work to deadlines. You are able to manage and plan your workload to meet multiple deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, you can pull well-structured presentations together and can create spreadsheets to track expenses and budgets
- You work well independently and with little supervision. You are able to react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround
- Most importantly you are a cheerful person, who understands the importance of being friendly and welcoming but also have the gravitas to deal with senior executives
Nice to Have
- Fluency in another language preferably Japanese
- Early stage start-up experience or experience of working in an agile, fast paced ambiguous environment where there isn’t always a ‘this is how we do it’ answer
What we Offer
- A market leading salary and bonus that attracts the best talent so your colleagues will be super smart but humble
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Private medical insurance, travel insurance for both work and personal travel and income protection
- 4 x life assurance
- We care about work life balance and we want to create a culture of autonomy, so we have unlimited annual leave. We trust you to take the time off when you need it
- Daily catered lunches
- Free drinks, snacks and fruit
Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion
Toyota Connected Europe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Every role is open to all sections of society and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all. If you have a disability or any other additional need that requires consideration, accommodation or adjustment to the role or recruitment process, please do let us know. Don’t check every box on the list but are you interested in working for us? Please apply, we would still love to hear from you!