Toyota Connected wants to create a better world through connected mobility. We are a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of and use their vehicle in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected’s journey of building our team and products. We want to build a team that wants to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people every day. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the Role
As the HR Advisor you will be joining a small HR team that is still in the process of creating and implementing HR policies, process and ways of working for a new organization. You will work closely with the Head of HR supporting in implementing the processes that will help scale a fast moving, agile organization.
Your role will be instrumental in building relationships with employees and fostering a non-hierarchical open door culture between HR and the wider business.
The HR team do not want to be seen as form fillers or process pushers but business partners creating a highly autonomous, transparent and trusted environment and you will play a vital role in ensuring that happens.
What You will Do
- We are a new company who have recently opened our European offices in London and you will support the Head of HR and Talent Acquisition team with administrative and operational tasks in creating a first class business friendly HR function
- You will be the first point of contact for employees, helping to solve their issues in a pragmatic manner
- You will support the Talent Acquisition team with interview administration, event organization and candidate management
- You will be responsible for payroll and benefits administration including supporting with setting up new benefits
- You will be responsible for new starter documentation and onboarding arrangements
- You will work closely with the Head of HR on implementing tools and practices that will create an engaged workforce and enable Toyota Connected Europe to be seen as an employer of choice
- You will be responsible for handling all immigration and visa cases and ensuring we remain compliant as a sponsor employer
- At least 4 years’ experience of HR advisory work in a fast-paced environment
- A sound understanding of employment legislation and experience of managing employee relations issues
- Experience of managing payroll providers and taxable and non-taxable benefits
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and change and able to navigate this in an autonomous way
- Able to provide sound HR advice to the business which weighs up the commercial needs v the risks
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and an innate ability to build partnerships to become a trusted partner
- Fluent English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail. You get things right the first time round
- Ability to prioritize and manage your time – you are able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Obsess about all things culture and HR. You are a natural learner/reader/meet-up and conference attender to keep your market knowledge up to date
Nice to Have
- A CIPD qualification – though smarts and experience always trumps certificates for us
- Early stage start-up/internet/technology company experience or experience of working in an agile, fast paced ambiguous environment where there isn’t always a ‘this is how we do it’ answer
- Experience of recruiting would be an advantage
- Experience of implementing an ATS and other technology tools
- Experience of shadow payroll and tax obligations
What we Offer
- A market leading salary and bonus that attracts the best talent so your colleagues will be super smart but humble
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Private medical insurance, travel insurance for both work and personal travel and income protection
- 4 x life assurance
- We care about work life balance and we want to create a culture of autonomy, so we have unlimited annual leave. We trust you to take the time off when you need it
- Daily catered lunches
- Free drinks, snacks and fruit
Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Every role is open to all sections of society and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all. If you have a disability or any other additional need that requires consideration, accommodation or adjustment to the role or recruitment process, please do let us know. Don’t check every box on the list but are you interested in working for us? Please apply, we would still love to hear from you!